Thursday 26 January 2012

1.2

I was thinking of the conversation with Olivia. I loved spending time with her and her honesty but the question she asked me was something I didn't want to discuss.

"Wambui, have you been seeing your therapist?" I could tell that she was concerned.

"I have. I was in on Thursday" I was lying and the look on Olivia's face told me that she knew it too. "No. I haven't been in for 5weeks now." I never liked to be caught in a lie but Olivia new me too well.

"Bu..." A nickname Olivia came up with that stuck. "Why are you not going? Do you not like your therapist?"

It wasn't that I didn't like my therapist, I just didn't need one. I knew what I was doing. Just because I went through a horrific ordeal did not mean that I need a therapist.

I got to the house and headed for the kitchen. But before I got to the door, my phone rang. On the caller ID was Otieno. Really? What nerves he had calling me. I tossed it back in my bag. An hour later and he was still calling. 34 missed calls and another one was going to be added to the list. Why the persistence? "Hello."

"Wambui. I need your help." his tone was serious. 

"After what you did to me! You have some nerves." I was disgusted. I hung up and tossed it on the living room coffee table. Whatever was going on, I was not concerned. I had other things on my mind. I had a plan. I had planned carefully and I was sure it was concrete. I was leaving no room for errors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment